Wednesday 4 January 2017

So I've developed good habits many times before only to let them slip as soon as life gets in the way. I have a tendency to say yes to everything and want to get involved in everything.  I am the opposite of the One Thing philosophy. I have a butterfly mind and I flit from one idea to another.

Trouble is I then tend to start to suffer from overwhelm.  Instead of getting my habits to carry me through the busy times they are the first things to go.

So the habits I am introducing this time are not new to me - I've done them all successfully in the past.  The goal this time is to keep doing them.

The habits I want to really focus on through January are to do with my house.  I have picked up some of these from Flylady but two new blogs I've been following are A Slob Comes Clean by Dana White and Sorted by Gillian Perkins.  You could say these two are complete opposites.  I do fall somewhere in the middle.  I've never had the mess and clutter that Dana gets although I've come close at times, and I'm not totally organised like Gillian although I can do it with a bit of effort.

Going to do my exercises now and then think about gathering together all the chores I need to do to keep my house shipshape as Gillian recommends.


No comments:

Post a Comment